A number of computer users who use wireless Canon printer for work-related or personal printing jobs often complain that their printer refuses to respond at certain intervals. If you are experiencing Canon printer not working issues on a regular basis, it is best to seek the help of expert Canon printer repair technicians, as they will be easily able to resolve the issue.
It is crucial to note that printer not responding error is actually a common printer error and a number of reasons can trigger this issue. For instance, the use of an outdated printer driver might prevent your printer from performing flawlessly. Likewise, if your printer is not connected to a network, then also this issue may arise. Below are a few simple yet effective troubleshooting steps that will help you to solve Canon printer not responding error with utmost ease.
Steps to Follow:
In most cases, the major culprit behind printer not responding error is lack of communication between your PC and printer. If that is the issue, then below are a few steps that might help you to resolve the issue.
- Press on the Setup button on your wireless Canon printer, go to Wireless LAN setup, and click on OK.
- You will now need to choose Easy Setup and confirm your choice by clicking on OK.
- Choose Access Point and then type in Wi-Fi password before you click OK.
- Find the setup disk and then insert it into your PC. You will now have to run the setup program in order to install the Canon printer to your device.
- Select Easy Install and then click on Install. You will now be able to find a Printer on Network on the newly loaded page. If yes, click on the option before proceeding to the next troubleshooting step.
- Start the printer installation process by clicking on Next and then wait for a couple of minutes for the process to get completed.
Once the installation process is completed, run a test print job to see if the Canon printer not responding error is resolved. If not, you will need to try other printer troubleshooting steps to solve the issue, and it will be better to seek the help of experienced Canon printer repair technicians for that.