Installation Incomplete Error – McAfee Antivirus preserve your system from the malware, threats and cyber criminal activities. McAfee has designed different software in order to fulfill your system’s safety requirements.You can download and install McAfee online by visiting the URL mcafee.com/activate using the McAfee product key.
The installation process of McAfee Antivirus is very easy and need no technical knowledge. But you may face some errors during the process such as Installation of McAfee Software For Windows Fails With Error Installation Incomplete. Or you may face McAfee installation error code 0 and others. These type of errors are very common and can be resolved by following the basic troubleshooting steps at home.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps To Resolve Installation Incomplete Error:
Run The Pre-Install Tool – Installation Incomplete Error:
- First, you need to download and run the Pre-Install tool on your system when you see the Installation Incomplete error.
- Visit the URL macfee.com/activate and download the Pre-Install tool.
- Double click on the downloaded file to run the setup and then follow the instructions.
- You need to click Yes or Ok, to allow the program to make changes to your system.
- Now Pre-Install tool scans the system and fixes the errors if found any.
- Click Ok and then click Close again, when prompted.
- Now restart your system, after the successful removal of errors and then try to install the McAfee again on your system.
Enable The Administrator Account Temporarily – Installation Incomplete Error:
- In order to open the command prompt as an administrator, click Start button and then in the search box type cmd.
- Now right click on the cmd in the search results and select Run as Administrator.
- You are now required to type “net user administrator /active: yes” and press enter, then close the command prompt.
- Now press the CTRL + ALT + DEL keys altogether and then click LogOut to log off from your Windows.
- Now click the Administrator on the LogOn screen in order to log on to your system and then again try the McAfee installation.
Download & Run Mcafee Consumer Product Removal Tool (Mcpr) – Installation Incomplete Error:
- Visit the manufacturer website to download the MCPR tool and then double-click to run the downloaded file on your system.
- Click Yes or Continue to allow the permission to the program to make changes.
- Now click Next and then click Agree to accept the software agreement license.
- You need to type the displayed characters in the field and then click Next
- Now you will see either Removal Complete or Cleanup Unsuccessful option on the screen.
- If you see Removal Complete then restart your system and then try to install the McAfee security tool.
- If you see the Cleanup Unsuccessful option then you need to restart your system.
- Now run the MCPR tool again and if you see cleanup unsuccessful then restart your system and try to reinstall McAfee.
If the above troubleshooting does not resolve your issue related to the McAfee installation and you still see the Installation Incomplete error. You need to contact the McAfee Support or visit us at mcafee.com/activate for the solution of installation incomplete error.